– At some point, the future is unclear. Given that ambiguity, why not trust your own intrinsic curiosity, excitement and desire to explore?…Following your curiosity as a profitable career strategy.
– You don’t need to do things everyone else does them if that feels like the hard way for you. Find different ways to achieve your goal and align them with your inclinations and strengths, and acknowledge your constraints.Rob Fitzpatrick
Rob Fitzpatrick is an entrepreneur who considers this area of expertise a long-term career. For the last decade and a half, we went through the ups and downs of startups to finally figure out that what motivates him is creating products for people he cares about.
Rob portrays his expertise in three books, from which he’s mainly known by The Mom Test.
His pursue of freedom of time, location, and attention, took him to create businesses that enable a unique lifestyle that now shows the way to other people
In this conversation, we talked about:
- Designing a sustainable lifestyle on your terms
- Survival businesses
- Lessons from bankruptcy and sleeping on a hammock
- Structured Serendipity
- How to be happier by implementing life constraints
- Overcoming ADHD
- Non-traditional business “marriages”
- How to design effective workshops
- Strategic leisure time
- Removing your ego to find the truth
- Conversations as learning vehicles
- …and much more!
Enjoy the interview!
USEFUL LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Connect with Rob Fitzpatrick on:
- Rob’s books:
- Paul Graham
- Y Combinator
- Devin Hunt
- Exploded Media
- Larry Jones, MD, MBA & ADHD Coach at Enable Tables
- Book: Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur
Let me know what you think about this interview in the comments below!